Head Coach, Club Skating
Job no: 495620
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Campus Recreation
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
Robert Morris University is looking for a Head Coach to help launch our skating club. Our club sports department has a proud tradition of success across 21 club sports teams and skating will be one of our newest offerings. This is a part-time non benefit position limited to 950 hours per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Use expert technical knowledge to assist in the development of a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence.
- Organize and supervise practices, tournaments and team meetings. Responsible for team roster decisions. Provide coaching and development to the student athletes during the conduct of all home and away competitions.
- The team practices 2-3 times per week and plays games most weekends during the season during the Fall and Spring. There are 3-4 travel weekends during the season which may include Fridays. Preference is for the coach to attend all practices and games.
- Assist with the coordination of recruiting and camps. The head coach is responsible for facilitating team tryouts and working with student leaders to help market the team to both internal and external constituents. The head coach may be asked to work with both Campus Recreation professional staff and Admissions counselors to assist in the recruitment of potential student-athletes.
- On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University.
- All other duties as assigned. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per the calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- High School Diploma or GED is required; college degree is preferred.
- One year minimum of coaching at the high school or collegiate level is required.
- Must be a reliable, self-motivated, team-player, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license is required or the ability to have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend