Associate Director, Creative Services & Media Relations
Job no: 495690
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Athletics Media Relations
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Associate Director for Creative Services & Media Relations will assist with the creation and implementation of overall design strategy across all aspects of the athletic department and is responsible for oversight of all media relations functions for assigned sports, within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of the University and NCAA.
- Disseminates information for all assigned sports
- Participates in the writing, editing, and distributing of sports information in the form of Athletic Department website stories, social media accounts, press releases, media guides, game programs, telephone interviews, etc on a timely basis.
- Compiles and reports statistical information, statistical records, records of competition, and archival information on a timely basis.
- Participates in the response to University and public inquiries as related to athletic events, student-athletes, and coaches.
- Coordinates the nomination of, and promotes serious consideration of outstanding student-athletes as candidates for Conference, Regional and National awards, both for athletic as well as academic excellence.
- Provides media relations function on day of competition
- Assists in the hiring of game-day workers for home competition of assigned sports, including statisticians, clock operators, public address announcers, scorekeepers, etc.
- Provides supervision to game day workers during home competition
- Provides statistical and/or game-tracking services during athletic competition as needed for assigned sports.
- Assist with the development of copy and design for marketing and communication pieces to increase brand awareness and expand visibility for RMU Athletics. Areas of focus will include, but are not limited to, assisting with athletic publications, press releases, social media, athletics app and website content development.
- Assist and coordinate the distribution of pertinent athletics information through digital and social media platforms
- Assist with the design of digital and print of materials including the creation of graphics through Adobe Photoshop
- Serve as a liaison to the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee to support the production and distribution of marketing and communication materials for student development initiatives
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including serving as Game Management administrator for selected events.
- Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- Master’s degree required.
- Minimum two years experience in collegiate media relations.
- Strong writing skills, communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in social media platforms and website development.
- Knowledge of and commitment to all University and NCAA rules.
- Competency in Adobe Photoshop, experience in Adobe Premiere and/or After Effects
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend