Athletic Administrative Services Coordinator
Job no: 495739
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Athletics Administration
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for the day to day and overall administrative services and operations of the intercollegiate athletic department with adherence to the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University and the NCAA.
- Promotes good public relations for the Department through personal contact and various forms of electronic communication. Responds to requests for information both from within the campus community and general public.
- Coordinates financial paperwork for entire Department in conjunction with Manager, Financial Reporting. Places and processes purchase orders using Unit4 financial system.
- Processes travel advances, expense reports, game official check requests, and invoices to the Business Office in conjunction with Manager, Financial Reporting.
- Processes all deposits for game ticket sales, camps, and fundraising events (in conjunction with the Office of Institutional Advancement) as well as payroll authorizations (check requests) for all camp workers and off-season game officials.
- Distributes all cash to student-athletes in the areas of summer school meal money and recruit official visits.
- Maintains appropriate Department files.
- Secures and archives team travel itineraries from coaches.
- Assists in administering NCAA student-athlete opportunity fund. Processes paperwork, maintains appropriate files, and answers routine student-athlete questions.
- Oversees student work study program (including student workers, student managers, and student game day operations staff) and supervises student assistants in relation to day to day operations. Oversees time management.
- Coordinates Department student-athlete shuttle schedule as well as the operational logistics for the Department motor pool and golf cart ownership/rental program.
- Serves as resources for staff regarding Department and University policies and procedures.
- Sorts and distributes mail, maintains inventories of office supplies and orders as needed.
- Coordinates scheduling of Department conference room.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally may need to drive on behalf of the University.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum three years secretarial experience, two of which directly related.
- Budget and/or fiscal management experience; prior experience managing confidential information.
- Abides by all NCAA, Conference, and University regulations, policies, and procedures. Reports any known or suspected NCAA violations to the Director of Athletics, Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance, or the Faculty Athletics Representative. Violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action up to, and including, termination of employment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Gmail applications.
- Communications with others: internally with other departmental coaches and offices and other University departments; externally with conference and other University administrators.
- Ability to manage several tasks and/or projects simultaneously; strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as a commitment to customer service.
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional weekends and evenings.
- Strong integrity and character with a commitment to knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and University rules.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Valid drivers license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend