Admissions Counselor- Multicultural Coordinator
Job no: 495753
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Admissions - Undergraduate
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This is an entry level position within the admissions department responsible for the recruitment of undergraduate students to the university with a specialized focus on providing opportunities to gain equity in education. With an intentional approach to increasing the access to education for underrepresented students, our counselor will be an ambassador to the culture of belonging for the university among prospective students. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Admissions. There is opportunity for a flexible work environment.
- Responsible for effectively coordinating initiatives related to the recruitment of typically underrepresented prospective undergraduate students.
- Responsible for the scheduling and visitation of high schools and college fairs, primarily within the designated territory.
- Responsible for use of Slate CRM and Banner systems in order to correspond with prospective students.
- Review admission applications, evaluate credentials, and make admission decisions with critical focus on building equity in education.
- Dedicates time and attention to counseling prospective applicants and their families on the admissions and financial aid processes and opportunities.
- Responsible for explaining the various admissions practices, procedures, and policies of the university to prospective students, parents and school counselors.
- Serves as an ambassador for the culture of belonging by providing timely follow-up with students and parents via phone, letters, email, texts and scheduled appointments.
- Responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of on and off-campus recruiting events, as assigned by the Associate Director of Admissions; contributes to the success of various student visit programs and building a culture of belonging among the university community.
- Advocates for, expands, and leverages resources available to prospective students in support of DEIB efforts.
- Responsible for completing phone calls, face-to-face visits, and written correspondence, as assigned by the Associate Director and scheduled through the Slate software.
- Adheres to university policies and procedures regarding travel and procurement.
- Will need to drive on behalf of the University. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours. All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in admissions or enrollment management preferred.
- Ability to load and transport admissions materials, displays and other equipment.
- Awareness and understanding of pertinent issues related to underserved populations and underrepresented groups.
- Maturity and appropriate use of social media.
- Ability to represent the office and university in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Strong commitment to customer service and student focus.
- Admissions staff members are expected to abide by all of the rules and regulations of the university, the NCAA and the various athletic conferences. Staff members found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures. In addition, you must report immediately any suspected or known violations to the Director of Compliance and Student Services or the Faculty Athletics Representative. A staff member may be suspended for a period of time, without pay, or the staff member’s employment may be terminated if he/she is found to be involved in deliberate and serious violations of NCAA regulations. Passion for bringing opportunities for equity in education to underrepresented groups.
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule including weekends and evenings.
- Valid PA Driver’s License or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend