Director, Graduate Admissions
Job no: 495754
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Admissions - Graduate
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This is a highly responsible position within the division of Enrollment Management that oversees the recruitment activities for all graduate and doctoral degree seeking students as well as all international students. Includes management of recruiting staff, marketing and website initiatives, and management of corporate partnerships.
- Manages the corporate partnership initiatives for the admissions office including: * Outreach to key contacts. * Drafting and finalizing MOU’s. * Marketing to employees and partner companies. * Leveraging contacts to grow partner network.
- Responsible for the hiring, coaching, development and reviewing performance of the graduate and international admissions staff and oversee the daily operation of the graduate and international enrollment office including delegation of various projects and responsibilities such as: * Recruitment travel. * Event planning. * Specialized projects. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- Works with the Vice President and Associate Vice President to develop strategies and plans to meet departmental objectives; active involvement in development and implementation of these objectives.
- Conducts meaningful and ongoing research of trends in graduate program recruitment to ensure use of current strategies and best practices. Regularly analyzes data to measure outcomes of recruiting strategies and identify successful initiatives.
- Works closely with academic deans, program directors and faculty to coordinate recruiting efforts and to collaborate on initiatives to grow graduate enrollment.
- Responsible for the use of Slate, the admissions department's CRM, and Banner, the university's student information system.
- Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to: * Conducting student interviews. * Recruitment travel. * Assisting prospective students by phone and email.
- Oversees recruiting efforts for international students, both graduate and undergraduate. Works closely with the Vice President to develop and maintain strategy for international recruitment including communication and marketing plans, coordination with PR to maintain accurate and relevant website and social media content to attract international students, and maintaining relationships with international agency partners.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in higher education recruiting or marketing, preferably with adult and graduate populations preferred.
- Three (3) or more years experience of supervising professional staff members preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, planning, problem solving, creativity, ability to make public presentations, deal with confidential information, and the diverse needs of campus visitors.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, self-motivated, possess strong organizational skills, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Superior organizational ability.
- Effective writing and speaking skills.
- Exceptional student and customer service focus, including attention to quality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software packages, such as Excel and Word.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours, evenings and weekends in addition to regular hours.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- A staff member is expected to abide by all of the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA and the NEC. Staff members found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures. In addition, you must report immediately any suspected or known violations to the Director of Compliance and Student Services or the Faculty Athletics Representative. A staff member may be suspended for a period of time, without pay, or the staff member’s employment may be terminated if he/she is found to be involved in deliberate and serious violations of NCAA regulations.
- Valid driver's license required or the ability to find reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend