Literacy Tutor, Structured Literacy
Job no: 495763
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Education
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The Structured Literacy Tutor will work directly with children in grades K-12 that are referred to the Center for reading and/or writing tutoring. The Tutor will conduct screenings on all incoming students to determine instructional needs, plan developmentally appropriate instruction based on data, conduct progress monitoring, communicate with parents, and administer all post assessments with clients. The Tutor is responsible for all parent communication and preparation of materials associated with tutoring sessions. The Tutor will keep accurate and timely time sheets and attendance records. Frequent meetings with the Coordinator of the Center will be essential to ensure all students are being serviced properly.
This position is partially funded by non-university funds. Position continuation is contingent upon grant renewal or procurement of additional funding sources. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Conduct all assessments for clients in grades K-12.
- Implement all instruction for clients.
- Keep accurate records (attendance, instructional interventions, time sheets).
- Plan all instructional interventions associated with clients.
- Work with the coordinator of the program on assessment and evaluation of clients needs.
- Communicate with parents and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other tutors on staff.
- Accurate record keeping of clients’ attendance.
- Communicate with the Coordinator of the Center on all issues related to clients.
- Attend frequent debriefing meetings relative to the work of the Center.
- Attend professional development as assigned by the Coordinator of the Center.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Literacy is required.
- Reading Specialist certification required.
- Undergraduate degree in education with PA certification is required.
- Training in Structured Literacy required.
- One or more years of previous tutoring experience required.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to administer a variety of assessments and report the data in written and oral form.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively to parents and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Center team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible in schedule (evening hours based on student need).
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend