Assistant Bowling Coach
Job no: 495764
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Campus Recreation
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
Responsible for assisting with coaching both the Men’s and Women’s Club Bowling Teams. Responsible for roster decisions, daily practice, in-game strategies and tournament player instruction.
- Assists Director of Bowling Team Operations to ensure that the RMU bowling program conforms with the standards and requirements of the university and USBC-Collegiate.
- Manages and directs players during games according to collegiate standards for sportsmanship and the rules of the college athletic associations.
- Responsible for the effective conditioning, training, mentoring, and discipline of the program staff and student participants.
- Responsible for the proper motivation of the student-athletes whereby players find success in working hard to accomplish goals, and in an objective manner respects the individual’s ability.
- As a representative of RMU, maintains an image of professionalism at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma is required.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Experience as a participant, and demonstrated in-depth knowledge and understanding of the sport of bowling.
- Collegiate or high school bowling experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring qualities.
- Ability to appropriately and effectively direct, encourage, and guide team members with a diversity of backgrounds, personalities, and abilities. Demonstrated ability to motivate and maintain discipline with student-athletes.
- Ability to work effectively with the coaches and managers.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend