Head Coach, Women's Volleyball
Job no: 495819
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Women's Volleyball
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for the management and administration of the intercollegiate Volleyball program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Horizon League and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of Volleyball to develop and coach a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence.
- Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other supportive staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Organize and supervise practice, conditioning, and workouts. Oversee home events and manage travel for away events.
- Assist with the preparation and control of, and operate within, the budget established for respective sport.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. Assist with the coordination of admissions with the Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and the Office of Enrollment Management. Develop a positive working relationship with faculty and University staff to assist in the recruiting process.
- Supervise all correspondence with prospects, coaches, parents, alumni, etc., including mailings and responses.
- Arrange all campus visitations, including itineraries, academic appointments, campus tours, town tours, student-athlete hosts, housing, meals, game tickets, and entertainment.
- Encourage and promote excellence in academics from student-athletes. Assist the Assistant Director of Athletics for Academics in implementation of the academic support services, including study hall, monitoring of individual student-athletes academic performance, and referral to appropriate University academic resources.
- Perform public relations duties and activities with faculty, students, parents, contributors, alumni, and University administrators. Promote respective sport at a local, state, and national level.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes.
- Establish and ensure communication and enforcement of RMU, Athletic Department, and team regulations regarding student conduct, appearance, and behavior.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude toward all other sports within the RMU intercollegiate athletics program.
- Abide by all NCAA, conference, and University regulations, policies, and procedures. Report any known or suspected NCAA violations to the Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance, Director of Athletics, or Faculty Athletics Representative. Violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or correction action up to, and including termination of employment.
- Work closely with the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance to complete required compliance paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience in coaching Volleyball.
- Commitment to NCAA and University rules.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Motivates student-athletes to receive a quality experience both in the classroom and in intercollegiate athletic competition.
- Dedicated to enhancing the intellectual, social, and personal development of Robert Morris University student-athletes.
- Promotes academic achievement, good sporting and ethical conduct, and equitable opportunity for students and staff, including women and minorities.
- Views success based not on wins and losses, but as an essential part of the educational mission of the University and the welfare of our student-athletes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement with high degrees of discretion, confidentiality and integrity.
- Helpful and compassionate when working with faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in an ever-changing atmosphere.
- Exemplifies strong computer skills.
- Ability to set and reach goals.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to be available by phone and email after typical business hours if position requires use of a cell phone.
- Ability to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include: organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to think creatively to develop new, innovative programs to enhance Robert Morris University and promote higher success rates for the RMU Volleyball team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent budget management skills.
- Valid driver's license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
- CPR certified.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend