Guest Services Supervisor
Job no: 495894
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Guest Services
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers at the Island Sports Center (ISC). The Guest Services Supervisor oversees a department that is the main contact point for guest relations and interactions. In addition, the Guest Services Supervisor provides departmental assistance to other ISC and university departments.
- Performs general duties of Guest Services Associates, including: Greeting guests on site and attending to their needs. Providing enrollment programming services to guests and clients. Sending faxes, sorting mail and waivers. Assisting personnel of the sports center. Assisting with marketing, sales and promotional activities Operating point-of-sale/cash register, handling cash/purchase transactions and fulfilling ISC cash control policies. Oversee and assist Skate Guards.
- Oversees Guest Services staff to ensure they are meeting and exceeding customer needs, providing accurate programming and services information and assisting other ISC departments as needed.
- Manage Guest Services work schedule.
- Prepares and implements Guest Services Training.
- Assists with cash control policies as related to Guest Services.
- Coordinates communications to and from Guest Services.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and mentoring of all Guest Services Associates.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Max Galaxy database.
- Oversee and audit the ISC Birthday Party program.
- Other duties as requested by the Retail Sales Manager.
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years of guest services supervisory experience preferred.
- Commitment to providing outstanding attention and service to Island Sports Center guests and clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Detail and accuracy oriented for record keeping and data entry.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to run and balance a cash register.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Robert Morris University is big enough to matter, and small enough to care. We value the contribution of all of our employees. Our total rewards package cares for you in all areas of life. We believe you are at your best when receiving the care you need--personal, professional, financial, educational, and more. Full time employees are entitled to a generous benefits package, paid time off, tuition benefits for employees and dependents, and much more.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend