Head Coach, Women's Bowling
Job no: 496013
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Campus Recreation
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The women's bowling coach leads one or more of RMU's intercollegiate women's bowling teams. The coach will oversee practices, matches, and will travel with the team to intercollegiate tournaments. This is a part-time not benefit eligible role limited to 950 hours per calendar year and working no more than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Assists Director of Bowling Team Operations to ensure that the RMU bowling program conforms with the standards and requirements of the university and USBC-Collegiate.
- Manages and directs players during games according to collegiate standards for sportsmanship and the rules of the college athletic associations.
- Responsible for the effective conditioning, training, mentoring, and discipline of the program staff and student participants.
- Responsible for the proper motivation of the student-athletes whereby players find success in working hard to accomplish goals, and in an objective manner respects the individual’s ability.
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Experience as a participant and demonstrated high-level knowledge of the sport of bowling is required.
- Experience with the standards and requirements of the university and USBC-Collegiate is preferred.
- Co-coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship abilities.
- Ability to effectively direct, guide, and encourage team members with diverse backgrounds and skill levels Demonstrated ability to motivate student-athletes.
- Ability to work with various constituents including student managers, and student life professional staff.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend