Job no: 496017
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Office of Residence Life
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Under supervision from the Director of the Office of Residence Life, The Area Coordinators for the Office of Residence Life are responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Residence Life Program. The position will take leadership and management responsibility for staff development and residential education. The Area Coordinator provides ongoing supervision to para-professional staff in management of an assigned residential community. Additionally, this position assists the Director in the daily management of the overall Residence Life program. This is a live-in, on-campus twelve (12) month, full-time position.
- Responsible for staff training and development. Coordinating para-professional staff and professional staff training. This includes the large training curriculum and the monthly training.
- Supervision of community advisors and student interns in the Office of Residence Life.
- Coordinate, marketing and implement all residential education for the entire residential community. This includes living learning communities, campus wide initiatives, community advisor programs, and other collaborative programs.
- Participation in university crisis response duty rotation.
- Oversee residential judicial meetings.
- Additional responsibilities include; special projects and other duties assigned.
- Masters degree required
- 1 year or graduate experience in higher education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving ability and works well in team setting.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend