Assistant Coach, Softball
Job no: 496085
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Softball
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for the management and administration of the intercollegiate Softball program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Horizon League and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of the sport of Softball to assist in the development and coaching of a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes.
- Assist in the organization and conduct of all practice sessions, conditioning, and other sport-related workouts.
- Provide coaching to the student-athletes during the conduct of all home and away competitions. Provide supervision and support to the student-athletes during travel to away events.
- Assist in the provision of a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other support staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition. Encourage and promote excellence in academics from student-athletes, in collaboration with various academic support services.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes.
- Travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes, arrange all campus visitations in collaboration with the Office of Admissions, and assist in the provision of all correspondence with prospective student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Participate in the making of travel arrangements, including transportation, lodging, and meals.
- Assist in ensuring program compliance with all NCAA, the Horizon League and University rules, including completion of required Compliance documentation and timely reporting of all known violations to the Director of Athletics or Senior Associate Athletic Director for Student Services.
- On occasion may need to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
- Assist the Head Coach in the performance of public relations and fundraising duties as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- Bachelor's Degree is required; Master's Degree is preferred.
- 1-2 years of coaching in the sport of Softball at the collegiate level is required or 4 years of collegiate playing experience. Pitching Coach experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Expert technical knowledge of the sport of Softball.
- Valid drivers license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend