Job no: 497143
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Nursing
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Reporting to the Department Head of Nursing, this position performs secretarial functions and general office work for the administration and faculty in the Department of Nursing to ensure efficient office operation. The position provides a welcoming environment for students, visitors, and external constituents
- Provides the first point of contact for internal and external contacts for the Department of Nursing. Uses independent judgment and autonomy in managing or redirecting requests. Reports building issues (for maintenance, security, bulletin boards, etc.) in a timely manner for resolution, assists with classroom needs by contacting Information Technology, etc. as requested by faculty. Maintains Scaife Lab schedule and other room schedules as requested.
- Maintains records for the department faculty and works with other staff to track operation related expenditures and records related accreditation, regulatory requirements and audits.
- Provides secretarial support to the Department Head and Program Directors. Answers the telephone, distributes mail, arranges meetings, orders office supplies, and performs other office related duties to ensure an efficient and effective use of resources to ensure smooth office operations.
- Provides secretarial support to the BSN Program Director by issuing emails to student groups, performing updates in Patriot (Advisors, etc.), ordering NCSBN Codes, supporting Kaplan and HESI Live Review Course coordination, etc.
- Coordinates Graduate Assistant recruitment, hiring, performance appraisals, maintaining non-employee email accounts and rehiring. Oversees weekly schedules and coordinates proctoring exam schedules (HESI exams, etc.). Resolves scheduling conflicts and ensures all exams have ample proctoring coverage.
- Assists Administrative Coordinator as needed and in their absence.
- Utilizing a University Purchasing Card, processes invoices related to exam software, printing orders, office supplies, etc.
- Assists Clinical Coordinator with processing and monitoring Affiliation Agreements for healthcare agency contracts.
- Supports processing CEU and DEU requests.
- Coordinates and provides administrative support to various meetings, events, conferences and celebrations, including but not limited to Pinning Ceremony, Advisory Board Meetings, Department Meetings, nursing department council meetings and takes minutes as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of office/administrative experience, preferably in higher education
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office packages; Google Docs experience preferred. Willingness to develop additional computer skills, adjust to updated technology.
- Understanding and commitment to confidentiality.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and professional communication skills; ability to multi-task.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and typing skills; ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Customer service and student focused; ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours to support SNEHS as needed
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend