Performance Coach, Basketball
Job no: 497315
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Men's Basketball
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for the provision of Sports Performance services to the Men’s Basketball team within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Horizon League, and the NCAA. This position is funded through a donation. Continuation of this position is dependent upon extension of donation.
- Use expert technical knowledge of Strength and Conditioning and Nutrition to develop a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence.
- Organize, supervise, and instruct, with a hands-on approach, the conditioning and strength workouts for the athletes in the basketball program of the Department.
- Provide assistance at team practices in maintaining conditioning, stretching techniques, and other technical aspects of performance enhancement.
- Provide nutritional information and counseling to the basketball athletes.
- Travel with the basketball team.
- Work closely as liaison with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes.
- Be available by phone evenings and weekends to work with students and/or coaches.
- Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes and other supportive staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in coaching Strength and Conditioning.
- Sound knowledge base in principles of nutrition.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to NCAA and University rules.
- Must have and maintain a certification with the NSCA or ACSM.
- Current certification in CPR/AED. A valid drivers licence or having the ability to obtain reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend