Accountant (Part Time)
Job no: 497317
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Controller and Financial Services
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
On-site duties include assisting with some or all the following responsibilities: Coordination of month-end accounting close process; Coordination of student worker tasks in support of month-end close; Account reconciliation and analysis; Capital project support and fixed asset reporting and analysis; Support of Financial Planning and Analysis department. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis. Flexible schedule.
- Coordinate month-end accounting close process, including journal entry and account reconciliation preparation and interacting with various campus departments
- Coordinate student worker tasks in support of month-end close, including review of journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Support capital projects through creation of projects and work orders, as well as perform fixed asset reporting and analysis to support ad hoc requests and required Grant and regulatory reporting
- Provide budget and analysis support to the RMU Financial Planning and Analysis department as needed
- General office duties as needed to support the all departments of the RMU Controller’s group
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, accounting or business-related degree preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience as an accountant
- Strong organizational skills and proficiency in accounting information systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service/student focused.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend