Job no: 497321
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Operations, ISC
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position is located at the RMU Island Sports Center (ISC). This duties of the position require manual labor and semi-skilled work in the care of the ISC. This position is considered essential and is required to report to work as scheduled during University closings.
- Maintain ice and ice equipment; operate all ice-making equipment (includes, but is not limited to, driving ice resurfacer, using ice edger and chipper) according to operating and safety procedures.
- Operate and maintain all facility maintenance equipment such as, but not limited to, forklift, scissor lift, skid loader, etc.
- Assist in events set-up and tear downs, including clean up for any facility activity.
- Serve RMU-ISC guests to promote their enjoyment of and safety in the facility.
- Maintain any and all necessary records or logs for ice making, ice maintenance, and any other facility items or equipment.
- Maintain, repair, and replace rink glass, boards, and any other facility material, structure, equipment, etc.
- Recognize immediate problem areas and immediately correct them; know when to refer problems that may not be able to be handled immediately to Management or Supervisor for correction.
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service and maintain a general knowledge of facility programs to be able to respond to customer questions and/or needs.
- Put in and take out ice rinks and sport court rinks.
- Assist in general operations and cleaning as needed.
- Maintain parking lot and sidewalks (includes snow plow, snow thrower, shoveling, salting, etc.) and area clean up.
- Open, secure, and close facility according to procedures or instructions.
- Assist other employees in performance of their duties.
- Perform locker room checks.
- Participate in job related training clinics and seminars.
- Record and report details of all accidents and incidents.
- All other duties as assigned. Will need to operate and drive equipment on behalf of the University.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Experience operating ice resurfacing vehicles and related ice and facility maintenance equipment preferred.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, climb ladders or scaffold; remain standing and walking for long periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 100 pounds; and work on slippery/ice surfaces required.
- Ability to work in varying outdoor and indoor temperatures and outdoor weather conditions required.
- Ability to work flexible shifts (evenings, late hours, weekends, overtime) and holiday periods as needed.
- Overtime is required as needed; vacation, if eligible, approval may be limited during peak activity periods.
- Ability to receive and carry out work orders verbally or in writing.
- Ability to work well independently and with co-workers.
- Ability to be able to deal in a courteous manner with the general public such as RMU ISC customers. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid PA driver's license required.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend