Assistant Coach, Football (Receivers)
Job no: 497384
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Football
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for coaching student athletes and assisting in the management and administration of the intercollegiate football program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Big South Conference and the NCAA. Focus on coaching receivers.
- Use expert technical knowledge of the sport of football to assist in the development and coaching of a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes.
- Assist in the organization and conduct of all practice sessions, conditioning, and other sport-related workouts.
- Provide coaching to the student-athletes during the conduct of all home and away competitions.
- Provide supervision and support to the student-athletes during travel to away events.
- Assist in the provision of a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other support staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes.
- Encourage and promote excellence in academics from student-athletes, in collaboration with various academic support services.
- Assist in the effort to recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. Travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes. Arrange all campus visitations in collaboration with the Office of Admissions.
- Assist in the provision of all correspondence with prospective student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Participate in the making of travel arrangements, including transportation, lodging, and meals.
- Assist the Head Coach in the performance of public relations and fundraising duties as needed.
- Ensure program compliance with all University, Big South Conference and NCAA rules, including completion of required Compliance documentation and timely reporting of all known violations to the Director of Athletics or Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
- On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least two years of coaching in the sport of football at the collegiate level preferred..
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare, academic success, University/NCAA rules.
- Valid driver's license required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend