Sports Dome Associate, Full-Time
Job no: 497454
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Sports Dome
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Sports Dome Associate is one of the primary assistants to the Director of Golf and performs functions to support various activities of the Robert Morris University Island Sports Center (ISC) complex. This position covers for the Director of Golf in his/her absence to ensure a smooth operation of the daily functions of the Sports Dome, Track & Field and Miniature Golf facility.
- Assist the director with daily activities and operation of the Sports Dome, Track and Field, and Miniature Golf facility. Ensure that all pre-recorded messages and all electronic information on website, marquee, information board, etc, relating to the Dome, Track and Field, and Miniature Golf is current and up to date. Assists the director of sports dome with the employees work schedules to support golf and field rental times, update schedules as necessary and communicate any conflicts to the director to ensure adequate staffing levels at all times. Assists in the training of Sports Dome Associates. Maintains calendar of events for golf and field events, update as necessary and resolve conflicts and/or escalate to the Director as deemed appropriate. Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekend and over night shifts when necessary. Ability to work without direct supervision. Willingness to cross train in other areas of the Island Sports Center.
- As directed, interacts with with Conference and Facility Services staff regarding group sales activities. Maintain email correspondence and Range Express database and assign others to assist with updates as needed. Contact customers for upcoming classes and clinics to confirm attendance. Track lesson packages in computer and appointment books.
- As needed, monitor pressure in the dome and perform daily checks inside and outside. Provide superior customer service for all patrons of the ISC, particularly at the Golf and Sports Dome, Track and Field, and Miniature Golf. Answer telephone, take messages, check voicemail and transfer calls appropriately. As necessary, perform the general duties of Sports Dome Associates. Perform related duties as directed.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Sports and golf knowledge preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and represent the University and ISC professionally and positively to external and internal customers.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend