Assistant Coach, Strength and Conditioning, Part-Time II
Job no: 497606
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Athletics Strength and Conditioning
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
Responsible for assisting the management and administration of the intercollegiate Strength and Conditioning program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Horizon League, and the NCAA. This is a part-time, non benefit eligible position which is limited to a maximum of 950 hours per calendar year and will annually for 10 months (all except December and May). Although an exempt position, hours must be tracked in the Time Management system.
- Use expert technical knowledge of Strength and Conditioning to develop a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence.
- Organize, supervise, and instruct with a hands-on approach the conditioning and workouts for the athletes in the various intercollegiate programs in the Department.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude toward all sports within the RMU intercollegiate athletics program.
- Supervise apprentices and interns in their work with various athletic teams.
- Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes and other supportive staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Make recommendations to the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach regarding procurement of needed training equipment within budgetary guidelines
- Perform public relations duties and activities with faculty, students, parents, contributors, alumni, and University administrators. Promote strength and conditioning at a local, state, and national level.
- Oversee select sports teams in supervisory capacity.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by Head Strength & Conditioning Coach.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- One year experience in coaching Strength and Conditioning.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must have and maintain a certification with the CSCCa – SCCC and/or NSCA - NSCA.
- Current certification in CPR/AED.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend