Assistant Professor of Computer and Information Systems
Job no: 497635
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Computer and Information Systems
Position School: School of Informatics, Humanities and Social Sciences
The Department of Computer and Information Systems (CIS) at Robert Morris University invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. Primary responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses offered by the department, conducting research, and providing service at the department and university levels.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to teach effectively in a variety of delivery formats, including on-ground, online, and hybrid courses
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: information systems, cybersecurity, data science/analytics, computer science, or AI/machine learning
- A strong commitment to teaching effectiveness
- A record of publications in peer-reviewed journals or evidence of other scholarly work (notable professional experience and certifications in the field may also be considered)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact successfully with students and the university community
Applicant must have (or expect to receive by the start of employment) an earned doctorate degree in information systems, computer science, or another closely-related field. ABD applicants may be considered for hire at the rank of Lecturer or Visiting Assistant Professor.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students, and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend