International Admissions Counselor
Job no: 497694
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Enrollment Management and Financial Aid
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position is responsible for the majority of recruitment of international students to Robert Morris University, which includes freshmen, transfer and graduate students.
- Recruits and conducts regular outreach to international students.
- Performs evaluation of all admissions applications and credentials for international students to determine admission eligibility.
- Maintains and monitors prospective student contact records using Slate (CRM).
- Serves as liaison and collaborates with offices across campus to recruit international students.
- Assists with campus visits, weekends and other special events of the Admissions Office.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Understanding of student visa process and immigration documents is desirable.
- Bachelor's degree required
- One year of customer service experience. 1- 2 years recruiting experience at an accredited higher education institution, with an emphasis on international recruitment and counseling preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong knowledge of use of technology, including social media, in the recruiting process. Ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity; demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Knowledge of worldwide educational systems, ability to evaluate international educational credentials, knowledge of visa regulations, including SEVIS reporting requirements, and the Department of Homeland Security regulations preferred.
- Valid PA Driver’s License or the ability to have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend