Academic Advisor and Enrollment Coordinator, SNEHS
Job no: 497857
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: School of Nursing, Education and Human Studies
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position is complementing the advising provided by faculty and department heads in SNEHS with a focus on undergraduate recruitment and retention. The person will help to advise undergraduates, will assist the school in recruitment and career placement activities, and will serve as a point of contact for all SNEHS student frequently asked questions and matters of procedure. Work is performed under the supervision of the Dean of the School of Nursing, Education and Human Studies, with the assistance of the department heads.
- Advise prospective students in assigned departments to include information regarding programs, requirements for admission, necessary prerequisites, and scheduling. Attend all Admission Events including those that occur during evening and weekend hours.
- Responsible for all freshman and transfer orientation activities and functions. Establish initial communication and provide ongoing advisement for all students related to the transition to college, progression, and retention. Deliver presentations in SNEHS First-Year Experience course sections.
- Advise freshman, sophomore, fully online, and transfer students in coordination with faculty advisors. Register fully online and graduate students for courses. Assign faculty advisors or reassignment of advisors.
- Point of contact in case of emergency or absence of advisor, and for all undecided and transfer students.
- Develop expertise in our Student Success Collaborative CRM tool, NAVIGATE, including but not limited to data analytics, reporting, and campaigns. Serve as a point of contact for faculty concerning this software.
- Work with SNEHS Department Heads, Academic Affairs, the Center for Student Success, and the Career and Professional Development Center to help students with frequently asked questions and procedural matters.
- Track and target at-risk students for special advising, and conduct special programs for student retention.
- In conjunction with the Career and Professional Development Center, facilitate professional development events for students.
- Maintain graduation and retention data for students.
- In conjunction with Department Heads, serve as a point of contact to advise students interested in RMU graduate, integrated, accelerated, and Fully Online programs.
- Recruiting and Marketing: Assist in developing materials to market the programs to all audiences. Maintain SNEHS social media accounts. Support school activities for prospective students and their families.
- Program Management/Administration: Conduct regular analysis and provide recommendations on program performance in the areas of persistence, graduation, workflow efficacy, customer satisfaction, demographics, and other key retention drivers. In consultation with departments, use data related to enrollment and progression to help determine semester course scheduling by deadlines. Support program and accreditation requirements; assist in collecting data relative to the program enrollment, projected courses, and attrition and graduation rates with regular reports to the Dean and Department Heads.
- Other duties as assigned. On occasion, may need to drive on behalf of the university
- Bachelor's Degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Knowledge of academic environments required. Experience with academic advising or working in higher education is preferred.
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Skills are required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office packages; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. A willingness to develop computer skills, adjust to other updated technology and grow academically as required.
- Strong technology, social media, and computer skills are required.
- Strong professional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, problem solving skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work without supervision; ability to make independent judgments.
- Good customer relations skills needed to interact closely with staff, faculty and students, deal with multiple constituencies and work with a diverse population.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Valid driver's license required or the ability to have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend