Project Coordinator, Capital Projects and Safety
Job no: 495672
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Facilities Capital Projects and Safety
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position is responsible for the administration and management of activities associated with Capital Projects, Construction, and the University’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program. The position is involved and supports the safe, timely and cost effective execution of projects, which ultimately achieve user requirements and university expectations including; move coordination, furniture/equipment purchases, and interior finishes. The position assists in the continued development and daily administration of a comprehensive safety process including: safety policies and procedures, safety meetings, incident investigation & reporting, safety related inspections, safety education, and emergency management.
- Direct interface and supports all aspects of the university’s construction and capital projects from initial planning process to project completion. Interacts with university constituents to ensure project coordination, customer needs/expectations and similar deliverables are on track.
- Prepares, review and has good working knowledge of project related information and documents including; design specifications, drawings, scope of work, contracts, permits, and similar documents. Assists in contractor/vendor coordination and obtains cost estimates and/or proposal for work being considered.
- Monitors projects relative to established schedules, documentation, deliverables, and deadlines. Inspects and/or uses other validation methods to ensure progress (critical path), documentation, deliverables and similar project requirements (conformance with project design/quality standards) are met, and that corresponding file are complete.
- Works with contractor and vendor representatives to ensure compliance with building, personnel, occupant, and pedestrian safety. Coordinates project activities including; building & site access, deliveries, schedule coordination and similar project logistics. Develops associated project announcements and safety bulletins.
- Position oversees all aspects of occupancy and move coordination logistics, which are essential and associated with construction/capital projects. Assists in the efficient allocation, use and management of University space through participation in space management activities.
- This position will serve as the university representative and primary contact regarding coordination of equipment, furniture, signage and similar selections & purchases. The individual will coordinate directly with design professionals, consultants, manufactures and/or distributors relative to the selection and execution of interior finishes (flooring, wall coverings, paint selections, etc.).
- Maintains a comprehensive and complete system of designs, drawings and similar files for all university facilities (campus planning/concepts, as-built, building(s) master, etc.), including electronic and flat files. Facilitates, updates and maintains the university’s CADD system/files.
- The position supports all aspects of the university’s safety process. Resides as an active member of the safety committee and/or sub-committees. Interacts with university constituents regarding program execution and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinates & ensures required testing/inspections of all building “life safety system” are completed and appropriate actions are taken to address identified deficiencies. And, maintains complete and up-to-date records of such.
- Works with Human Resources and Department Administrators regarding the university’s Incident Investigation and Record Keeping process. Assists Senior Director and department personnel with investigations – identifying; root cause, deficiencies, opportunity for improvement or corrective actions. Maintains trend analysis data related to such.
- Assists and/or conducts safety inspections of campus facilities, grounds and similar areas. Coordinates with third party EH&S consultants on complex issues as required. Provides similar coordination regarding the universities – Hazardous Materials & Waste.
- Coordinates and/or conducts safety education and training programs including; new employee Essential orientation, Residence Life/RA training, department specific safety education, contractor construction safety and university wide orientation / education. Maintains corresponding training records as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (mechanical, civil or architectural) or Associate in Construction is highly desired.
- Minimum 2-years work experience in construction, design, or safety or related discipline is required. Knowledge/experience regarding American Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements & guidelines is required. Strong technical background / knowledge in the construction industry is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with proven ability to develop and maintain
- constructive working relationships with internal department representatives and outside vendor groups. Ability to interface and maintain relations with federal, state, local agencies (such as Moon Township) as necessary. Ability to work independently, lead program initiatives, interpret/analyze data, and think creatively.
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize multiple job requirements. Must be able to achieve personal, departmental, and organizational goals using diplomacy.
- Proficient in computer/software applications including Microsoft Office. Experience with project/construction management software and computer aided design & drafting (CADD) highly desired. Develops, designs and creates new applications, ideas, and processes for effective coordination and/or management.
- Strong attention to accuracy, detail oriented, and demonstration of organizational skills. Capable of taking direction and implementing continuous improvement strategies.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, lift, climb ladders, remain standing or walk for extended periods of time and similar conditions encountered on a construction site.
- Position must be available to support 24/7 operations and perform other related duties as assigned.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend