Grants and Institutional Review Board Specialist
Job no: 496029
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Research and Grant Administration
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Grants and Institutional Review Board Specialist supports RMU’s research initiatives. The Specialist performs duties related to research and grants activities and the institutional review board. The Specialist must be capable of working independently to determine and set priorities, resolve issues, organize multiple activities and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. Maturity, tact and diplomacy are crucial to ensure positive and productive interactions with administrators, faculty, staff, students and the external community.
- Manage grant application schedules and deadlines; assist in writing research grant proposals, review and edit grant proposals; communicate with program officer and grant writers when needed; assist with processing and submitting research grant proposal applications.
- Prepare Research & Grants Administration (R&GA) newsletters and communications; manage newsletter distribution; provide support to R&GA committees.
- Assist in organizing RMU Annual R&G Expo.
- Review R&GA annual report; review R&GA website contents as necessary; maintain copies of proposals submitted through the research office.
- Work independently to manage the RMU Institutional Review Board (IRB); coordinate faculty and student IRB applications; coordinate IRB activities; handle all IRB communication.
- Manage CITI IRB tutorial program and coordinate IRB training for faculty staff and students.
- Maintain IRB database for RMU applications and prepare report for IRB activities; work closely with RMU IT for IRB system upgrades/issues.
- Work independently to maintain office records, budgets, documents, and information with discretion and confidentiality on matters both within and outside the University community.
- Coordinate meetings, events and functions and faculty travels.
- Create and track purchase orders and invoices as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other staff in the Office of Academic Affairs to ensure a smooth administrative operation.
- Assist in coordinating the Undergraduate Summer Research Academy program.
- Coordinate/participate in University Grant Committee meetings and maintain University grants database by working closely with Finance and Institutional Advancement.
- Perform other related administrative functions and responsibilities as requested.
- Associate degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three or more years of administrative office experience, preferably in higher education.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; ability to make independent judgments; attention to detail and accuracy; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to function as a team player.
- Strong writing, and editing skills. Excellent typing skills including ability to draft letters, correspondence and reports with minimal errors in spelling, grammar and presentation.
- Proficient in computer software programs; working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages; willingness to develop computer skills and learn new software systems, adjust to other updated technology and grow academically as required.
- Ability to perform basic research and work on various projects simultaneously while handling daily administrative functions.
- General knowledge of business operations
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Multitasking skills
- Time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Logic and reasoning skills
- Independent judgement with a high degree of discretion, confidentiality and integrity
- Build empathy and trust with coworkers
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret statistical data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to set and reach goals
- Ability to problem solve and function independently
- Ability to provide accurate and timely information regarding the position
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professional composure
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend