Senior Administrative Assistant
Job no: 497389
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Office of the Provost
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The assistant performs full secretarial duties for the administrative functions of the Office of the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs. The incumbent must be capable of working independently to determine and set priorities, resolve issues and organize multiple activities. Maturity, tact and diplomacy are critical to insure positive and productive interactions with faculty, staff and senior level management. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Assists the Provost and Vice Provost in conducting day-to-day office responsibilities in a timely, competent manner to ensure smooth, professional operation of the office.
- Handles incoming mail and determines the degree of importance and referral of correspondence.
- Answers/screens phone calls and visitor inquiries in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner; routes calls appropriately or takes/conveys accurate and timely messages; makes prompt and appropriate judgments, uses discretion and sensitivity to best handle inquiries and requests. Represents the Provost’s Office in a positive professional image at all times.
- Coordinates travel on University business and hotel arrangements for the Provost; assists faculty, visitors and guest presenters with travel, and local arrangements as necessary.
- Types correspondence, memoranda, and reports which may be confidential in nature,utilizing a variety of software applications; compiles data for informational reports, faculty appointments, promotions and other confidential personnel actions.
- Prepares agendas and takes minutes for meetings at which the Provost presides. Responsible for preparation of Academic Affairs /Enrollment Management Committee materials for Board of Trustee meetings
- Maintains office records and information with discretion and confidentiality on matters both within and outside the University community.
- Primarily responsible for the Provost’s calendar. Schedules meetings and maintains calendar appointments. Frequently resolves scheduling conflicts by working effectively and collaboratively with support staff members for other senior level management.
- Maintains confidential office filing system and anticipates need for backup materials for the Provost . Maintains office records and information with discretion and confidentiality on matters both within and external to the University community.
- As directed, assists with document collection related to the academic promotions in rank process
- Coordinates workflow and Dean’s appointments with other campus administrative assistants, especially the President’s staff.
- Orders and maintains adequate office supplies, and allocates funds appropriately. Responsible for requisition submittals, as needed.
- Assists in preparation of required reports and all other documents originating in the Provost’s office, in addition with updating documents with HR
- Available to accommodate variable office hours. Organizes and supports various University events including, but not limited to, Commencement Events, Convocations, Presidential Undergraduate Awards Dinner, etc. Performs special projects and any and all relevant duties of the position.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience required; Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a secretarial/administrative role, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Previous university/college and/or meeting planning experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and polished communication skills; attention to detail; ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality and be sensitive to the needs of various University constituencies; professional customer service orientation.
- Ability to conduct comfortable, confidential and professional communication with University senior leadership and with personnel providing administrative support to these individuals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products; excellent typing skills; ability to take meeting minutes and document accurately.
- High level of professionalism with the ability to make independent judgments and resolve problems.
- Ability to learn new technological concepts and software quickly and to do basic research.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, balance and prioritize multiple tasks and maintain composure under pressure adjusting to the priorities of the day.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend