Job no: 497464
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Office of Residence Life
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Under supervision from the Director of the Office of Residence Life, The Area Coordinators for the Office of Residence Life are responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Residence Life Program. The position will take leadership and management responsibility for staff development and residential education. The Area Coordinator provides ongoing supervision to para-professional staff in management of an assigned residential community. Additionally, this position assists the Director in the daily management of the overall Residence Life program. This is a live-in, on-campus twelve (12) month, full-time position.
- Supervision of community advisors and student interns in the Office of Residence Life.
- Coordinate, marketing and implement all residential education for the entire residential community. This includes living learning communities, campus wide initiatives, community advisor programs, and other collaborative programs.
- Participation in university crisis response duty rotation.
- Oversee residential judicial meetings.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Director of Residence Life, create social media campaigns and announcements for the office.
- Serve as the primary advisor for the Residence Hall Association.
- Work in collaboration with other area coordinators to create large-scale programs throughout the year which include programs focused on diversity inclusion and awareness.
- Serve as the primary coordinator for the office during admissions events on campus including Day One events and Accepted Students Day.
- Work with summer groups on campus to provide any necessary support.
- Create and distribute quarterly family outreach newsletter to provide updates and information about the office.
- Oversee the programming for the Living Learning Communities on campus (Sophomore Exp, Women’s Leadership, Honors, Global Village, and Health Professions).
- Serve as the Office of Residence Life liaison to the Campus Safety Committee, Hunger Task Force, and Campus Events Committee.
- Coordinate community assistant “All-Staff” Meetings.
- Additional responsibilities include; special projects and other duties assigned.
- Masters degree required
- 1 year or graduate experience in higher education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving ability and works well in team setting.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend