Job no: 497476
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Registrar's Office
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position requires considerable knowledge and experience with the operation of the University Registrar’s office. The Associate Registrar works closely with the University Registrar to oversee the daily operations and functions of academic records, graduation, and degree audits. Day-to-day operations are carried out with considerable independence under the guidance of the University Registrar.
- Maintains the integrity of academic records by understanding the information contained in various databases, changing, correcting, or modifying that information accurately and in compliance with academic regulations, correctly interpreting that information and explaining it to students, staff, and faculty, as needed, and reviewing reports to identify errors. Ensures student records are compliant with institutional, state and federal regulations including FERPA.
- Manages the graduation process including graduation applications, degree audit process, honors determination, verification of student check sheet completion, conferral of degrees, diploma orders, and reporting. Notifies department heads and students of graduation ineligibility and provides support by problem-solving and resolving degree audit issues
- Assists in preparation and conduct of University Commencement exercises.
- Uses Scribe programming language to update Degree Works. Makes decisions on appropriate methods to track degree requirements.
- Serves as the functional lead for development, implementation, and testing of Degree Works and its components
- Responsible for counseling students regarding university policies.
- Manages the faculty course evaluation process and report requests
- Processes grade changes, independent/directed studies, and checksheet adjustments in regards course substitutions by request
- Manages off-site and study abroad students, courses and grades offered by the University and is the liaison for PCHE, Acadeum and OCICU.
- Works closely with various academic and administrative officers to facilitate the exchange of registration information.
- Assists with monthly enrollment reporting and updates via the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) in compliance with federal reporting requirements.
- Assist the University Registrar with necessary innovative and technical implementations.
- Acts in absence of the University Registrar and assumes leadership of the office.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience in a registrar's office or closely related enrollment management function in a higher education institution.
- Expertise with Student Information System: Banner and DegreeWorks
- Demonstrates experience in effective communications and interactions with university staff, faculty, and students.
- Experience and understanding of administrative registration matters across higher education.
- Knowledge of FERPA
- Keenly attentive to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Suite and data reporting tools
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, customer/student service, decision-making, judgement, problem-solving, and delegation skills
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend