Job no: 497649
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Enrollment Management and Financial Aid
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position is responsible for full administrative assistant functions for the Chief Enrollment Officer and provides general administrative support for the Office of Admissions.
- Performs administrative support functions for the Chief Enrollment Officer such as: * Answer phones, screen calls and prioritize communications. * Manage correspondence, schedule meetings and appointments with RMU faculty and staff, with the Office of the President and Board of Trustees, as well as outside professionals. * Make travel arrangements. * Process invoices and expense reports. * Review divisional budget. * Maintain files and records. * Respect, protect and manage confidential files.
- Performs overall calendar management and proactively changes schedules in a timely manner, adjusting of schedules among other participants and their support staff. Frequently resolves schedule conflicts by working with support staff members for senior level management.
- Works collaboratively with other staff in Enrollment Management to maintain a smooth administrative operation. * Assists with special projects and events. * Processes monthly timesheets for all admissions staff members. * Orders supplies and manages inventory. * Develops and edits correspondence and presentations. * Prepares check requests, purchase orders and internal printing requests. * Design and maintain spreadsheets that aid in the data analysis for admissions and enrollment management. * Supervise and provide guidance to students and part time staff.
- Establishes strong relationships across campus and with external constituents.
- Accesses and analyzes data from various RMU administrative resources such as Unit 4. Performs general office and administrative support.
- Answers/screens phone calls in prompt, efficient and courteous fashion to respond to inquiries, routes calls or takes/conveys accurate and timely messages. Makes prompt and appropriate judgments and uses discretion and sensitivity to best handle inquiries and requests.
- Support other RMU administrators as needed and as time permits.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of applicable administrative office experience required.
- Proficiency of computers including Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to learn new technical concepts and software quickly.
- Ability to take meeting minutes and document accurately.
- Aptitude for data analysis.
- Willingness to develop additional computer skills, adjust to other updated technology and grow academically as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work without supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Positive and professional public presence, strong customer service skills and student-focused approach.
- Ability to maintain filing systems and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend