Police Officer, ISC
Job no: 497729
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: University Police
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position is responsible for providing public safety and information services to the University community and Island Sports Center community, including all personnel and visitors. It is a non-sworn, armed position reporting to the Chief of Police, Captain, Sergeant, Corporal.
Starting Salary: $56,160.00 annually
- Provide public safety and information services to the University community in an effort to enhance the safety and security of people and property.
- Perform security type operations related to locking and unlocking of buildings; to include the main building, golf dome, mini golf, Hat Trick Club and Bistro to provide safety and security for personnel and property.
- Provide communications support for the campus police, provide requests for service, via telephone and/or radio.
- Conduct proactive mobile and foot patrols of parking lots, all buildings, and the track to deter and detect criminal activity, security breaches, or public safety issues.
- Respond to incidents and/or requests for assistance by the University community and take appropriate action to either resolve or contain a situation.
- Report criminal activity and/or public safety issues to campus police or other appropriate law enforcement and emergency service agencies.
- Document criminal and related non-criminal incidents, using established departmental reports and/or forms, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide traffic and crowd control during special events or when necessary/appropriate.
- Lock and unlock doors for operations or when requested by ISC personnel.
- Provide the highest possible customer service to all employees, patrons, and co-workers as necessary; including jump-starting vehicles, unlocking of vehicles, and issuing parking citations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree preferred
- Previous police officer experience/security experience required.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with co-workers and the public, which includes all students, faculty, and staff.
- Certification under Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Act 120 (Municipal Police Officers Training Commission).
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend