Associate Director, Honors and Scholar Development
Job no: 497758
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Honors Program
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Associate Director, Honors and Scholar Development works with the Honors Program Director and the Director of the Office of Scholar Development to develop and ensure effective programmatic and administrative functioning of both programs. Key responsibilities for this position include the independent development, coordination, and implementation of educational events, workshops, and trainings; establishing and maintaining partnerships with key administrators and offices across campus; recruitment and retention of cohort members; coordinating work with faculty committees and student mentors; managing work study employees and overseeing the daily operations of Honors and Scholar Development.
- Design, manage, implement, and lead extra-curricular programming sponsored by the honors program such as book clubs and speaker series including the timely distribution of calendar and marketing of these events.
- Manage the Undergraduate Research Conference, including coordinating with the Honors Faculty Advisory Council to review applications and judge presentations.
- Together with the Honors Director and the Director of Scholar Development, plan, coordinate, and implement the non-academic components of Honors FYSP pre-session and HNRS 2900.
- Work with Residence Life to design and implement a vibrant Honors Living Learning Community.
- Work with Enrollment Management and the Honors Director to development and manage effective communication flow for the recruitment of students and review of applications for the honors program. Respond to student inquiries and direct appropriately.
- Work with the Director of Scholar Development to recruit and advise students for nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships.
- Maintain academic and co-curricular records and create reports.
- Manage the assessment of the Honors Program and Office of Scholar Development and provide recommendations for continuous improvement in collaboration with the Directors.
- Advise honors students for registration in coordination with the student’s major advisor, and identify students for graduation in honors.
- Maintain the Honors Program’s website and presence on social media.
- Create and maintain a directory of fellowships, summer research opportunities, etc. customized for RMU, with explanations, eligibility requirements and due dates, and tips on how to have the best possible application.
- Work with students applying for competitive awards to strengthen their application materials and interviewing skills, and ensure that all deadlines are met with candidate application materials, including university nominations and recommendation letters.
- In collaboration with the honors work study, perform clerical duties such as filing forms, addressing mailings, handling basic email correspondence with current and prospective students, maintaining admissions and housing records, and coordinating catering, room reservations, transportation and other purchases for events and trips.
- Work with Institutional Advancement on alumni relations and fundraising.
- Represent the Honors Program and the Office of Scholar Development at events and workshops.
- Hire and manage work study students.
- Serve on committees, and take minutes at meetings convened by the honors program.
- Travel to national conferences and regional meetings, both with and without students.
- Represent the honors program at events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Represent Scholar Development at events.
- Master's Required.
- Experience with Google Suite and MS Office Suite required.
- Five (5) year's experience in higher education administration.
- General knowledge of business operations.
- General knowledge of academic advising.
- General knowledge of national fellowship and scholarship application process.
- General knowledge of honors curriculum.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- Time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Logic and reasoning skills.
- Independent judgement with a high degree of discretion, confidentiality and integrity.
- Build empathy and trust with coworkers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to set and reach goals.
- Ability to problem solve and function independently.
- Ability to provide accurate and timely information regarding the position.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professional composure.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend