Associate Director, Women's Leadership and Mentorship Program
Job no: 497779
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Women's Leadership and Mentorship Program
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Women's Leadership and Mentorship Program (WLMP) at Robert Morris University fosters inclusive leadership, gender equity, and the advancement of women. Our mission is to prepare college women for leadership through professional and academic development, and multilevel mentoring. The WLMP empowers women students to hold active leadership roles at the University and in their professional and civic lives after graduation. The WLMP was developed by a very dedicated group of RMU administrators, faculty, staff, and community advisors in 2013. Through a four-year enriched experience for annual cohorts of 20 to 25 undergraduates, the WLMP builds leadership capacity, supports global education, and provides opportunities for participants to contribute, lead, and benefit from multi-generational mentoring relationships. Throughout the year, students are exposed to new ideas, perspectives, people, tools, and opportunities that push them to think and act critically around issues of women in leadership. The WLMP programs are designed to increase students’ understanding of the status of women in society, expose students to the successes and challenges of women in leadership, expand their understanding of and capacity for leadership and engagement, and support them while they digest all of this information and figure out their place in this terrain. The WLMP aims to: ● Improve the quality of life for our WLMP students. ● Enhance opportunities for all WLMP students’ academic and professional success. ● Contribute to a culture that supports, values, and empowers women at RMU. The Associate Director will work with the Director to support all activities of the Program with a special focus on the events held by the WLMP. The successful candidate should have an interest in working with young women on issues facing women in careers and professions, and must be available to participate in events and activities that may occur outside of regular working hours.
- Independently assume responsibility for all aspects of the mentor-mentee relationship with part of our student groups, including recruitment, screening, training, matching, monitoring, and support.
- Serve as the liaison with The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern PA, and together with the WLMP Manager, coordinate mentorship quality among all WLMP mentor/mentee pairs.
- Independently coordinate relevant leadership and mentorship programs/activities with other campus entities, such as Center for Global Engagement, Career Center, Student Life, etc.
- Assist the WLMP Director with developing, coordinating, and facilitating WLMP programs and events, including logistics, such as scheduling facilities and catering, sending invitations, managing RSVPs, ordering event supplies and print materials, and managing all registration responsibilities at events.
- Maintain systems/databases that allow tracking of all WLMP participants, including students, mentors, donors, and alumnae. Update data as needed and provide analysis and reporting.
- Interface with vendors and the RMU Brand Department office to ensure high-quality promotional and marketing items and publications.
- Assist in maintaining the WLMP website and various social media sites.
- Represent the University and the WLMP at relevant outreach, recruitment, and alumni events.
- Create engaging electronic and print communications to all participants, including prospective students and mentors.
- Perform any and all relevant duties of the position.
- Supervise Student Assistant when Director is out of office or fulfilling other duties.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree completed or in progress preferred
- Experience in event management preferred.
- Experience in administering student or outreach programs is preferred.
- Commitment to women, women’s leadership, mentorship, and empowerment.
- Proficient in the use of computers including the Microsoft Office package; willingness to develop computer and technology skills, adjust to other updated technology, and grow professionally as required.
- Proficient in Google Apps, including Gmail and calendar, is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, and organizational skills; professional demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills needed to interact closely and collaboratively with staff, faculty, students, RMU administrators, alumni, and outside constituents.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and exercise professional judgment.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend