Technical Services and Circulation Specialist
Job no: 497780
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: University Library
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position receives and processes original and vendor supplied records for print and non-print materials, is responsible for processing new additions to and withdrawn items from the collection, and serves as a member of the resource-sharing (interlibrary loan) team. In addition, the position includes public-facing, service-oriented work with students, staff, and faculty as approximately 1/4 of scheduled work time.
- On a schedule agreed to between employee and University Librarian, opens the library 2-3 mornings per week at 7:30 am.
- Searches the cataloging database for matching records, performs copy cataloging duties, and verifies records.
- In consultation with the University Librarian and as needed, performs steps in the inter-library loan (ILL) process, especially with consortial lending and borrowing. These duties may include monitoring requests, performing low-level searches of appropriate sources, managing requests through automated software, reproducing copies and making scans to fulfill requests, and verifying ownership of materials at participating libraries.
- Performs minor maintenance on printers, scanners, and computers; triaging problems to other personnel as needed.
- Oversees student workers at Elaine Boyd Library Help Desk, and provides library services to patrons as needed, includes assisting with materials circulation, answering basic directional questions, and triaging questions for possible transfer to librarians.
- Maintains the fiscal year cash value and statistical information of all withdrawn books, lost books, and withdrawn media and lost media and reports the information for inclusion in financial and business operation reports.
- Performs cataloging and processing related duties essential to library operations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred. Associate's degree minimum requirement.
- One to three years of library experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office package, and Google work apps.
- Eager and able to learn new and rapidly-changing library technologies.
- Cooperates as a team member within the Elaine Boyd Library’s public and technical service teams.
- Strong customer service orientation, and willingness to work with students, faculty, and staff from varying backgrounds, ethnicities' and identities.
- Ability to manage workflows with precision and care in library systems such as cataloging, acquisitions, serials, and electronic resources.
- Ability to provide meticulous attention to detail for sometimes substantial periods of time.
- Ability to ask questions, attend to detail, and train for new skills.
- Confidence in service provision to community.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend