Chief Accounting Officer and Controller
Job no: 497847
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Business Operations
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This role’s primary responsibilities are (1) directing the activities of the University’s financial planning and budgeting process and (2) the oversight of all financial recordkeeping and reporting functions of the University, as well as the financial operations of the billing/collections, accounts payable, payroll departments. This position also plays a key role in preparation of management information including analytical reports, reports, trends and leading operational indicators. This role will lead the coordination of annual audits and will be called upon from time-to-time to present reports to Senior Management and Committees of the University Board of Trustees. This role is expected to keep their fingers on the pulse of all university activity and identify/implement process improvements across all disciplines.
- Direct the day-to-day financial planning and budgeting functions of the University, including annual operating budgets, weekly financial forecasting models, revenue projections and headcount planning
- Direct the overall Controller’s group functions, including but not limited to the following: Oversight of all financial audits, monitor and ensure adherence to accounting standards, ensure integrity of internal controls, oversight of tax reporting and other grant/regulatory compliance
- Oversight of the certain financial operations departments, including: Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Student Financial Services
- Preparation of management reporting information and analysis supporting key business decisions
- Identification and implementation of process improvements driving efficiency and cost savings to the University
- Responsible for the hiring, coaching, development and performance review of staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 10+ years of work experience required.
- Experience working with multi-functional teams across an organization.
- Problem-solving, organizational, analytical and presentation skills required.
- Effective communication skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- CPA or MBA required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend