Project Coordinator - The Black Male Leadership Development Institute (BMLDI)
Job no: 496026
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Center for Equity and Professional Advancement
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
Project Coordinator for the Black Male Leadership Development Institute. Manage all matters pertaining to the program. This is a part-time grant funded position expected to last from May 2022 through April 2023. This is limited to 950 hours per calendar year and no more than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage all matters pertaining to the 2022-23 yearly summer residency for high school age boys Sunday, July 10, 2022 - Saturday July, 16 2022.
- Coordinate with Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh staff to successfully plan and execute program goals and objectives.
- Manage the daily operations of transporting, housing, feeding, and safeguarding 30+ African-American high school boys.
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of internal and external partners to provide the foundational leadership training of program participants.
- Manage the program goals and objectives.
- Provide the necessary follow-up care with students, and parents.
- Coordinate with Urban League of Pittsburgh co-partners with the on-going year-long Saturday Institute that parallels the student participants’ academic calendar.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Experience in working with young minds is preferred.
- Mentoring, Leadership, Planning, Organizations Skills and experience Friendly and Caring
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend