Assistant Coach, Women's Basketball
Job no: 496070
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Women's Basketball
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for much of the management and administration of the intercollegiate Women’s Basketball program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Horizon League and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of the sport of Women’s Basketball to assist in the development and coaching of a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes.
- Monitor and advise all students in the women’s basketball program on issues of academic achievement, scheduling, tutoring, and study table.
- Responsible for all planning and execution of team travel logistics, including transportation, lodging, meals, and meetings.
- Participate in video analysis of team competition and practice, including mastery of state-of-the-art digital video editing systems.
- Participates in team and individual player development through practices, film study, and in-game instruction.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes.
- Assist in the effort to recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. Travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes. Arrange all campus visitations in collaboration with the Office of Enrollment Management.
- Assist in the provision of all correspondence with prospective student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Assist the Head Coach in the performance of public relations and fundraising duties as needed.
- Perform public relations and fundraising duties as needed.
- Ensure program compliance with all Horizon League and University rules, including completion of required Compliance documentation and timely reporting of all known violations to the Director of Athletics or Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
- On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of coaching, or collegiate playing experience in the sport of basketball required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to student-athlete welfare, academic success, NCAA/University rules.
- Valid Driver's License or the ability to have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend