Head Coach, Golf
Job no: 497501
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Golf
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for the management and administration of the intercollegiate Golf program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Horizon League and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of the sport of Golf to develop and coach a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes. This includes: Organize, supervise, and conduct all practice sessions, conditioning, and other sport-related workouts. Provide coaching to the student-athletes during the conduct of all home and away competitions. Provide supervision and support to the student-athletes during travel to away events. Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other support staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes. Encourage and promote excellence in academics from student-athletes, in collaboration with various academic support services.
- Lead the effort to recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. This includes: Travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes. Supervise the arrangement of all campus visitations in collaboration with the Office of Admissions. Supervise all correspondence with prospective student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Administrative Duties, including: Overseeing the making of travel arrangements, including transportation, lodging, and meals. Assisting in the preparation of, and managing the program’s budget. Perform public relations and fundraising duties as needed. Ensure program compliance with all NCAA, Horizon League and University rules, including completion of required Compliance documentation and timely reporting of all known violations to the Director of Athletics or Director for Compliance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of coaching in the sport of Golf at the collegiate level required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare, academic success, NCAA/University rules.
- Valid driver's license is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend