Student Financial Services Supervisor
Job no: 497692
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Student Financial Services
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position has general oversight of student financial services functions, which will include answering questions related to a student’s account - in person, as a part of Solutions Central, via a phone queue and email. In addition, the supervisor will oversee staff with primary responsibilities for corporate discounts, third party invoicing and miscellaneous scholarships. The position will be directly responsible for monitoring delinquent receivables placed with the billing servicer and various collection agencies, military programs and the RMU in the high school program.
- As a member of the Solution Central team, the position will be able to accept payments , assist with payment plans and make the appropriate account adjustments and hold releases to assist students with any issues. Answer questions related to a student’s account – in person, via the phone and email.
- Administration of Student and Delinquent Receivables: • Maintain an understanding of all federal and state regulations for collection activities. • Place delinquent accounts with third party billing servicer for external collections. • Review student account documentation for placement with third party collection agency. • Monitor collection activity while at third party collection agency. • Respond to all disputes and inquiries, including credit bureau disputes. • Reconciliation of student and delinquent receivables accounts and calculation and monitoring of the associated allowances. • Monitoring and Fiscal year end evaluation of all third party collection agencies. • Payment of invoices to collection agencies.
- Oversee the Senior Student Financial Services administrators who is responsible for the administration of the discount/exemption programs, third party invoicing and miscellaneous scholarships.
- Responsible for the administration and reconciliation of military education programs, including Chapter 33, Yellow Ribbon, Chapter 31, PA National Guard, ROTC and Airforce TA.
- Assist with the general email accounts within student financial services.
- Complete international tax forms
- Coordinate the Financial Appeals Board.
- Oversight of RMU in the High School payments.
- Understanding of collection and privacy regulatory requirements.
- Perform related work and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Preferred candidate would have at least 2-3 years of experience in the area of student financial services at a higher education institution.
- Customer service/student focused.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Collaborative mindset.
- Positive attitude.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend