Development Officer, Corporate Relations
Job no: 495459
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Development
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Overview: The Development Officer, Corporate Relations is responsible for collaborating with the Director of Corporate Development in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding alumni, friends, and corporate partners for the purpose of increasing philanthropic support. The Development Officer, Corporate Relations will be an energetic and entrepreneurial colleague who has an understanding of, passion for the mission of the university and its future.
- Assist the Director of Corporate Development in Lead the corporate prospect development of an assigned portfolio of prospects, as well as an aggressive sponsorship sales plan generating new university revenues.
- Manages the identification, cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of a portfolio of up to 100 alumni, friends, donors, and prospects of the university. With a high degree of independent judgement, is expected to conduct a minimum of 12 visits per month requiring travel and attendance at evening and weekend event (pending travel and other Covid-related restrictions).
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle : a) Initiate contact with potential leadership and major gifts ($1,000+) donors. b) Develop appropriate cultivation strategies. c) Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion towards solicitation and closure. d) Make solicitations when appropriate. e) Maintain stewardship contacts with donors.
- Understanding of development principles in relation to comprehensive campaign, fundraising, major gifts, and blended gifts is strongly encouraged.
- Develop relationships with the local and regional business community with a goal of assisting in the solicitation of corporate sponsorships, while enhancing the profile of the University and Division I Athletics program within the community.
- Works closely with the Senior Vice President for Corporate Relations and Strategic Initiatives, as well as Director of Corporate Development to host fundraising events and donation levels associated with the University’s President’s Council and donor engagement events, including, but not limited to, Institutional Advancement and Athletic related events.
- Assist in creating new university sponsorship initiatives and revenue streams, with oversight of the execution of sponsor contract management, invoicing and activations and preparation of prospective sponsorship proposals and agreements.
- All other duties as assigned. The Development Officer will drive on behalf of the university. Must be available by phone and email outside of typical business hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 1 year of demonstrated leadership in advancement or Corporate Partnerships; including development, fundraising, alumni affairs, and/or other related areas.
- Experience with database programs (i.e. Raiser’s Edge) and understanding how to conduct donor research is preferred.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written skills are required.
- Ability to present positive, energetic image to diverse internal and external constituents.
- Outstanding management, planning, and organizational skills to work collaboratively on a team and results-based environment.
- Ability to self-manage time, priorities, and projects.
- Warm, professional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a range of staff, faculty, volunteers, alumni, current and prospective donors, and the general public.
- A positive, achievement-oriented attitude, entrepreneurial mentality, and proactive work ethic.
- The ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive donor giving information.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of the University’s priorities and objectives and the ability to identify external opportunities or threats affecting them.
- Valid driver's license required or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend