Nursing Simulation Education Specialist
Job no: 495793
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: RISE Center
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Under the direction of the Simulation Center Director, the incumbent will be responsible for educational and technical aspects of the (RISE) Center. The simulation education specialist is a budding nurse scientist, naturally curious and acutely aware of the nuances involved in human interactions such as; body language, voice tone, and group dynamics. Our team’s top priority for nursing students is a shared mental model of psychological safety for simulation participants. We are an innovative team and we are looking specifically for an individual who will bring ideas, champion small changes when they are appropriate and coach our nursing students through development of their professional identity. If fostering the development of competent, quality nurses to meet the demands of our profession describes your soul, this is the position for you! Come join our team and see the difference we are making with our accredited simulation center.
- Designs, enhances, evaluates, conducts and debriefs simulations; adhering to the International Nursing Association of Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) Standards in the performance of simulation duties.
- Maintain Simulation Center as a clean, safe, and operational facility and optimal learning environment.
- Sets up and cleans up rooms for training sessions and meetings; participates in simulation team meetings.
- Provides an appropriate orientation to simulator features and the simulated learning environment before each scenario.
- Assures participants receive simulation evaluations to complete after each simulation.
- Maintains currency in simulation literature and seeks professional development opportunities with simulation professional organizations.
- Solicits instructor and student feedback following simulation experiences to analyze the impact of simulation on the learning process.
- Maintains data confidentiality and security.
- Develops a professional working relationship with administrators, professionals, and the RISE simulation team.
- Ensures that all work assignments meet deadlines and standards of quality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Nursing Education required; PhD or DNP preferred.
- Experience with Simulation Education preferred.
- 1-3 years of simulation experience preferred.
- Previous experience in medical surgical nursing and educating nurses is preferred
- Certified Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support, and Pediatric Life Support instructor is preferred.
- Knowledge of INACSL standards, patient simulation services and instructional technologies.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of adult education.Experience designing curriculum, evaluating outcomes, and incorporating interdisciplinary elements.
- Computer proficiency in PC and Mac-based software applications: Google Office Suite, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel worksheet basics, and iPad technology.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all education and training records (instructor and student hours, course materials, and evaluations), assuring compliance with accreditation standards.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills.
- Coordinates with RISE Center operations manager in order to ensure supplies for simulation experiences are available.
- Ability to work under pressure and reliably meets deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work demands and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to shift plans and reorganize during unanticipated situations.
- Assist with designing and managing simulator program advertising and information dissemination, including brochure and web site development.
- Assist with recruiting, training, and supervising technical staff and other Simulation Center employees to assure effective maintenance and repair of simulator and clinical equipment.
- Maintain nursing competency through work related memberships and activities.
- Ability to coordinate training assignments, tasks, and schedules.
- Ability to assess situations and adapt to highly dynamic environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) preferred. If not CHSE certified, expectation of CHSE certification within two years of hire.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend