Radio Production Coordinator
Job no: 496060
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Academic Media Center
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
Robert Morris University’s Academic Media Center (AMC) seeks an outstanding individual to serve as Production Coordinator for the university’s award-winning internet radio station. The principal advisor for experiential learning programs in streaming audio, the Production Coordinator is responsible for preparing students for diverse professional fields including broadcast and on-demand news, sports and entertainment - content development, production, operations, and technology. The coordinator recruits and mentors on air talent, producers, directors, and other production crew. With assistance from graduate and undergraduate student leadership and approval from the AMC director, the Coordinator sets AMC production schedules - reviewing student, faculty, and staff proposals for new programs using center resources, staffing productions, and delivering content to campus stakeholders. The Production Coordinator works with faculty and students to manage content standards, ethical practice, monetization, and community engagement. This is a Part-time, non-benefit eligible position limited to no more than 950 hours in a calendar year.
- Coordinate the live radio and podcast production schedule - including the student-produced shows of Sentry Media and the Colonial Sports Network, music shows like Damn Right I’ve Got the Blues, live sports coverage from RMU Athletics, and faculty podcasts like Colonial Connections and Lit Out Loud
- Coordinate all student participation on assigned productions: recruiting, scheduling, and time tracking all scholarship, work study, and volunteer crewmembers.
- Manage monetization and social media strategy for AMC-produced audio programming - supporting ongoing program development and resource allocation.
- Submit regular programming reports to the AMC director and intellectual property reports to licensing partners.
- Maintain a professional environment in AMC that promotes collaboration, teaching and learning objectives together with ethical and legal responsibility.
- Coordinate, mentor and deliver other student, staff, or faculty-proposed programing as directed. Review production requests for approval by the AMC director. Attend planning meetings with center and university stakeholders as required.
- If assigned, coordinate effort and scheduling for grant-funded audio production in the AMC.
- Collaborate with the Student Media Advisor to support AMC recruitment and onboarding - including the August Student Media Retreat, school and University admission events, and classroom outreach.
- Assist the AMC Director with the selection and submission of student work for school, regional, and national awards consideration.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the AMC Director.
- B.A or B.S. in Broadcast, Media or Journalism related fields preferred; Other candidates with exceptional industry experience may also be considered.
- Professional broadcast experience is required. Experience in monetized web-distributed content is preferred. At least three year of experience in live radio or podcast production, along with familiarity with social media marketing and audience analytics.
- Working knowledge of streaming media production and delivery is required - including sound editing, content distribution, promotional graphics and social media strategy. Understanding of intellectual property and educational/non-profit reporting policies for asset licencing
- Demonstrated ability to support and supplement an academic curriculum through professional development and community-building with students.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills required.
- A flexible schedule congruent to the needs of RMU Radio. Must be able to work either a day or evening shift as assigned, including scheduled programming and special event productions as required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend